Sunday, March 11, 2018

Finished my first Mermaid!.

I have a big-haired brown mermaid with pointy eyebrows and purple lipstick!

She already has a fan club and folks want to purchase/order her.

Quote from Margo: maybe the one I was thinking of. Maybe just close to it:

I really wanted to improve my drawing skills so I had a lot of motivation. I took a few private drawing lessons and committed to drawing (or making art) daily about 3.5 years ago. I think I've missed a couple of days but really have made that a priority through everything, even the hardest days.

The more I do it the better I feel about my drawing skills and the more I enjoy it. And it is often my meditative time during the day.

I've done it alone, in classes (as student or teacher), in sketching meet ups, with friends, with my wife.

The main thing is to do it. And to enjoy doing it (sketch things that are meaningful to you, play good music or an audio book or talk with a friend while sketching) will keep you coming back.

I like working just outside my comfort zone for maximum skill building with minimal frustration. This push has helped me get closer to where I want to be.

I also like experimenting with subject matter and mediums to keep it interesting and exciting.

Hope you give yourself this gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment