Sunday, June 18, 2017

So, obviously, I must have scared myself out of making poupee de vodoun, because I unravelled my doll head and then switched to a different bear and started making it a more “standard” bear head.

I’m not ready yet for the art dolls. That’s pretty interesting, though, since the main doll I was thinking of making was Fonsito. Myabe I’m not ready to forgive my dad yet, and for that reason I’m not read to free Fonsito, or acept Fonsito.

There’s a picture of my dad from school, I think maybe third or fourth grade. And my dad has been telling a story lately about how they took all the schoolboys to the seminary in Denver and said who wants to stay here and be a priest, and he saw they were warm and well-fed and thought it was a pretty good deal. But I think then he learned he would have to leave his mama and he couldn’t do it.

But he’s been embroidering on that story, from serving at altar to the possibility of going to seminary, to he could’ve been a priest and we would have never been born, to convincing himself that he was “Almost a saint.”

So when I was there, he was showing me the picture and telling me this story, and saying, Don’t I look saintly?

And I couldn’t. I just couldn’t. “You look like a little boy,” I said. “You look like sometimes you’re good and sometimes you’re naughty. Like all little boys.” ¡Cómo qué ‘almost a saint’!

So the current bear that I’m working on is kind of chubby and square. blockish. I think I should have made them a little longer somewhere in the body. But I’m sure they will come out cute and happy and healthy. This was a bear I made with larger needles. Not the head, which I’m working on now with an F, but the rest of the body is with a G hook, the largest I’ve yet used on a bear. Hey, I should go update my ravelry page so I’ll know what number bears I’m on…

No comments:

Post a Comment