Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Huipil and Skirt for Butterfly Boi



Patterns used:
Weebee Nelly Doll - Pirate Outfits by Laura Tegg
Weebee Nelly Doll - Halloween MCAL 2018
Hooks
3.75 mm (F)
4.0 mm (G)
Yarn
Loops & Threads Impeccable Solids
Colorway:1613 Gold

Red Heart Super Saver Solids
Colorway: Denim


Eventually, all your dolls start complaining of having nothing to wear, The doll I call Butterfly Boi really wanted clothes today Last night, i fell asleep imagining the huipil and blue skirt I would make for them. I was rolling around the colors in my head: a sort of denim blue for the skirt, and either a gold or red huipil. Today the red looks too bright, but the gold looks absolutely perfect. Also, the gold yarn is slightly lighter weight, so should work up the right weight for the huipil without being too stiff.
Note: the skirt is too stiff.
For the skirt, i followed the pattern for the Pirate Nelly skirt, but then skipped the front V section and added another increase row. Oh, and went up a hook size halfway through
For the huipil, I’m following the blouse or dress-top from the Nelly Halloween doll. Around row six, I stopped increasing and instead just alternated rows of sc and hdc. Going to have to continue this for a while, because the top needs to be plenty long. (I think I made this doll a bit long in the torso).
It’s not 100% finished: I just hid all the ends in the back.
Person now wants pants or shorts, to have variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment