Saturday, September 8, 2018

Buddy Person

Name: Buddy person
Pattern: My Little Buddy Doll by Ornicka Owens
Craft: Crochet
Hook
3.75 mm (F)
Yarn
Red Heart Super Saver Solids
Colorway
336 Warm brown

I’m putting the start date as September 8, but the truth is that I made the head some months ago. The head languished with no eyes and only one ear. But this evening I felt the need to cast on for a different doll, and thus this kid was pulled into action.
Note: some dollmakers that I admire greatly refer to the “doll graveyard” as that space in which dolls languish in a state of limbo. unfinished, awry, perhaps never to be finished.
I prefer to think of them as in doll rehab. They disappear from view for a while but will return with a renewed determination and a stronger sense of self.
(Next day)
From my recent experience with the Stylin’ green dress, I’ve decided to incorporate nether garments when the pattern does not do so.
I used two full rows to get to the starting stitch count (this is a deviation from the pattern that has the full stitch count on the first row) so I’m making the legs 1 round longer than called for by the pattern.
To achieve nethergarments, I’m subtracting two from the adjusted leg count, changing yarn color to white, doing 1 color change row and 2 regular rows before finishing off.
Starting the body (from bottom up), I’m using color: white for rows 1-4 and then a color change row.

No comments:

Post a Comment