Monday, March 27, 2017

Last night I started looking for other charities to crochet for and got all caught up in “recovery buddies.” But I think I need to step back on that before I reach the “overcommitted and underprepared” stage. Just tell myself in my head “that will be for another time,” “I can get to that later.”
Of course, what I really need to do now is to grade my student’s work, even thought that’s what I’m **least** interested in doing.

I’m going to take the dogs for a walk today. I should’ve taken them out yesterday, and I’m sure that’s why someone ended up peeing on the bathroom floor.

I’m trying to read a m/m novel I bought years ago. I must have read it at the time, but honestly the writing is so bad. This is funny, right? considering some of the stuff I’ve so easily devoured? But it’s so repressed and disorganized. Honestly, until the introduction of a third character, I didn’t think I was going to make it through. It’s still pretty much hit-or-miss was to whether I’ll be able to finish it.

Last night at Beverley’s I started Bear #4. This is the first one I didn’t start with bear-colored-feet, because I wanted to do that whole cute footie-pajama look. But now I’ve decided against that because kids in Africa are not wearing footie pajamas! That’s a luxury of folks with in-house washer/dryers.
So I’m going to undo both of the legs I started. I was sent a welcome kit from the “Good things together” group, and it included bright yarns in aqua and yellow, and a cafe au lait color for the bear. I actually want to develop the skills to make darker complexioned bears. Even the rust I’ve been working with is pretty light compared to these kids, and I don’t want them to associate American with white-skinned. In fact, working with the yellow for the pajama leg bothered me quite a bit because it looked like it was supposed to be flesh-toned.

I think I should go back to the idea of the Ole and Tang Tang Bears. and knit up some i-cord scarves, which make finishing so much easier!

My first two bears should arrive in Minneapolis tomorrow.

[long grumbling part removed from entry]

All right. enough grumbling on my part.

I should set myself some grading goals so that I will be able to make some progress today. And the crocheting should be a reward for grading.

No comments:

Post a Comment