Friday, March 31, 2017

Okay I totally failed to journal this morning and so am writing this at 4pm on Friday afternoon. Hey, it makes more sense! I have more to say at the end of the day than I do in the morning!

So I’m on the couch with the pups, but it’s nigh on time to clean the kitchen in preparation for Pizza Friday. Even if I haven’t graded a single assignment today.

Luz has worked in the garden (alone!) and filled up the green bin. And taken lots and and lots of plants out.

I am still reading Tananrive Due’s final Lalibela novel, My Soul to Take. Which, interestingly enough, has a cross-over with Phoenix from Joplin’s Ghost. (When I was reading Joplin’s ghost, I remembered that Phoenix’s music was crossed over in Blood colony, but didn’t realize that the character herself would show up in this world. I never finished Joplin’s ghost, mostly because I didn’t like the Scott Joplin character and could just flip ahead like you would with a physical book.) I find Tanarive due annoyingly heterocentrist, especially heteromance. It’s like she still thinks Dawit and Jessica are a great tragedy. Argh! That makes me kind of mad. Okay, here’s a joke to get me to lighten up. Due’s Dawit is Nina Simone’s brown-eyed handsome man.

It’s funny, though, that all of Due’s immortals are men except for Fana. She’s like the protagonist of Mind of My Mind.

Hey, I got a thank you note today from Mother Bear for my first two bears. I’ve got one more done, one more waiting for his face, and I’m on the legs of a third (i.e. my fifth) who will be wearing overalls like Tío Antonio and Fonsito. Fonsito will be the name of my bear in overalls, even though he’s really wearing a chambray shirt and cuffed jeans. That’s what his doll will look like. his little brother in a tshirt and overalls.

anyway, I posted my question about crocheting overalls on the bear and got some really helpful instructions from the moderator on ravelry. Hurray!

No comments:

Post a Comment