Thursday, March 16, 2017

Luz has already gone to bed and I should get there now, too, because I got up just as early as they did (although i didn’t leave the house)

But I’m getting very tired. So I should just check the front door, check the kitchen, take out the dough, and go to bed. too tired.

But I wanted to write some thoughts down before they flit away through my brain. I’m currently obsessed with knitting and crocheting dolls.

I want to crochet a papier mache acrobat doll.

I want to crochet a doll for Aunt Grace

I want to crochet a doll for little Jose Alfonso (in pecheras)

I want to crochet a Grandma Libby doll.

I want to crochet Tío Antonio and Uncle Pony as Los Hermanos.

I want to crochet a virgen de guadalupe doll.

I want to crochet a chihuahua.

We are nearly to the end of the series Juana Inés. I hated the first third of it. But I’m enjoying the last third quite a bit, both for the way they’re showing the end of the Padre Antonio Miranda myth (that he was her savior, that he was her object of desire) and instead shows that she fired him. But more, I think, I’m actually liking this Juana better than the others. I like how she is pretty. I like how she is smart.

 

I need to go to bed.

We had Ethiopian food tonight, so good leftovers tomorrow (Luz’s fusion chilequiles)

SweetPea is here with me and Nopalito is with Luz.

I joined the legs for the bear today. I’m heading up the torso, but need to stop until I figure out where the arms go and whether I need to re-do them or whether the ones I made will work.

For the papier mache doll, I think using a bear body might be a good option, though I’ve saved some others. The color yarns I have are perfect. I’m kindof in love with them!

I read someone today who said that the NaNoWriMo strategy is a winning one for their creativity.

Aya de Leon. That’s who. https://ayadeleon.wordpress.com/2017/03/16/nanowrimo-my-secret-to-year-round-productivity/

time to go to bed, little flower child.

No comments:

Post a Comment